Get StartedApply Now
Application and Timeline
- Step 1: Submit completed application and résumé
- Step 2: First-round interviews (by phone)
- Step 3: Second-round interviews
- By March 15: Notification of hiring decision
Program Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Two-year commitment to Nativity Prep
- Live in community with other fellows at Burton House
- Teach (or co-teach) two classes
- Serve as an advisor to 3-4 students
- Supervise school-day activities (~2 periods per day, Monday-Friday)
- Supervise afternoon activities from 3:30-5 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
- Supervise evening study from 5-7:30 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday)
- Coordinate other school programs (e.g., serving as liaison to Boston College PULSE tutors) as assigned by the principal
Compensation and Benefits
- Room and board at Burton House (in Jamaica Plain)
- Medical and dental insurance
- $500/month stipend
- AmeriCorps Educational Award
- Access to school-owned vehicles for local transportation
- Opportunity to enroll tuition-free in a master’s degree program at the Boston College Lynch School of Education
- Chance to make a difference in the life of a Nativity Prep student
Please contact Nativity Principal, Mr. Gadisa Goso, at email@example.com or 857-273-0109 with any questions or for more information.
Meet our 2020-2021 Teaching Fellows
Joseph Aguilera (Loyola University Maryland, ’19)
Joseph Aguilera is the 7th Grade Social Studies and 5th Grade Religion teacher, as well as current Dean of Students. As a Teaching Fellow, last year Joey served on the Admissions Committee and as Community Service Coordinator. In addition, he coaches the Nativity Cross Country Team and supervises afternoon activities. Joey graduated from Loyola University Maryland and is pursuing his Masters at Boston College. As a Teaching Fellow, he’s making sure he fulfills his purpose of empowering youth, particularly among underprivileged, under-served, at-risk young men in urban communities.
Julio Castillo (Wheaton College ’20)
Julio Castillo is the administrative fellow at Nativity Prep. Previously, Julio has worked in financial analysis and accounting until he switched gears to education. Julio graduated from Wheaton College and is continuing his education at Boston College. In his free time, Julio likes to design sneakers, play basketball, and create humorous content.
Olivia Castagno (Northeastern University ’20)
Olivia Castagno is a first year teaching fellow at Nativity, and teaches 4th and 5th grade Science. Prior to Nativity, Olivia taught a 4th grade health course at Fletcher Maynard Academy in Cambridge, MA. She received her undergraduate degree in Health Sciences from Northeastern and is currently pursuing a Masters in Secondary Education at Boston College. Outside of the classroom, Olivia loves reading, playing sports, skiing, and spending time with her family.
Damaria Joyner (Delaware State University ’20)
Damaria is a first year teaching fellow at Nativity Prep, and co-teaches 7th and 8th grade Social Studies and 6th grade Writing. She received her undergraduate degree from Delaware State University with a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice. Damaria is passionate about education policy and enjoys traveling and cooking in her free time.
Sammy Kominiarek (Saint Joseph’s University ’19)
Sammy Kominiarek is a first year teaching fellow and teaches 4th grade Social Studies and Religion, as well as co-teaches 4th grade Reading Language Arts. Prior to working at Nativity, Sammy did a year of service on the United States/Mexico border. She received her undergraduate degree from Saint Joseph’s University where she studied Elementary and Special Education. She is currently pursuing her Masters in School Counseling at Boston College. Sammy enjoys biking, being outdoors, and laughing with friends and family.
Suzanne Noone (College of the Holy Cross ’19)
Suzanne Noone teaches 7th grade Reading Language Arts and 6th and 7th grade Writing. In addition to teaching, she coaches Cross Country and serves as the student life coordinator. Prior to Nativity Prep, Suzanne received her undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross where she studied English and Education. She is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in Education at Boston College. Suzanne enjoys being active and spending time with friends and family.
Jane Stevenson (Fairfield University ’19)
Jane Stevenson teaches Art and co-teaches 6th grade Math as a second year Teaching Fellow. In addition to teaching, she works with students in coding club, robotics clubs, and outdoor activities. Prior to Nativity Prep, Jane received her undergraduate degree in Communications and Graphic Design at Fairfield University. Jane is pursuing her Master’s in Elementary Education, with a concentration in Special Education, at Boston College. She enjoys drawing, design, and being outdoors.