Latest Message - 10/13
Good evening Nativity Families!
I hope you had a wonderful and restful long weekend. Nativity Prep has returned to fully remote learning this week and moving forward. The decision to go back to fully remote learning was certainly not a decision we wanted to make. However, circumstances in Boston have forced us into this decision. The City of Boston is currently experiencing a rising and concerning COVID-19 positivity rate in the neighborhoods where our students live. The health of the Nativity Community is of the utmost importance and our commitment to your safety drives every decision we make.
One of the major changes you can expect with a move to fully remote learning is a new schedule. You can find the schedule here: REMOTE LEARNING SCHEDULE. Please click on Student Schedules (Remote Learning) and find your son’s grade.
Beginning with tomorrow’s schedule, students can find links to their classes in Google Calendar. The calendar will be the central location for all class links, now and moving forward.
Teachers will email class links tomorrow morning so students have them at the top of their email inbox.
Here are some other changes we wanted to highlight:
Assembly will start at 8:15am. *This is 15 minutes earlier than before!* Please make sure you plan accordingly.
A link to the Morning Assembly zoom can be found here: MORNING ASSEMBLY ZOOM LINK
Attendance during Remote Learning is absolutely essential. Without student’s attendance, nothing can be accomplished. As such, we are providing details on our attendance policy for Remote Learning.
- Students must attend all classes, advisories, morning assemblies, Masses, and any other mandatory meetings, on time.
- Students who are more than 5 minutes late for class will receive a call home from their teacher and will be marked Late.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late to class will be marked Absent
- Any student who misses a class or a day of school must submit a parent or doctor’s letter to have that absence excused. We will not accept a note or message from students.
This policy is necessary to incentivize attendance as well emphasize the importance of showing up on time and participating fully in class.
Along a similar line to attendance, students must participate fully in class. To help ensure this, we are relying on our families to make sure of the following:
- That students have a quiet and suitable space to use their laptop
- That students can attend for the full 45 minute class period. This means students should NOT have to do chores, run errands, or leave their house for any reason between the hours of 8:15 and 4:00pm.
- Students who leave in the middle of class for more than a reasonable amount of time, for any reason not approved by the teacher or the school will have their attendance changed to absent.
Supplies and Materials Pick Up Day
Moving forward, we will ask families to pick up school supplies and materials on a monthly basis.
Our first pick up will occur next Tuesday between the hours of 8:45am-4:00pm. We will have a large Tupperware box for students to take home next week so please plan accordingly, especially if you carpool or take the MBTA.
I want to conclude by thanking you, our families. Please know that we will be here for our families throughout this transition and beyond. We are grateful to all of you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Student Schedules (Remote Learning)
Enrollment Forms - Required
All families are required to complete the Enrollment Process by September 4th.
- Complete the online Enrollment Forms
- Send a copy of your son’s most recent Physical Examination by a doctor by mail (39 Lamartine St. Jamaica Plain, MA 02130) or by email (email@example.com)
- Student Forms/Contracts/Agreements
Mr. Goso (Principal)
Need more information?